CONSULTANTS AND SUPPLIERS OF AFFINITY ANGELS LTD
Affinity Angels Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with standard terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data – Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, and political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Who are we?
Affinity Angels Ltd is the data processor. This means on occasion we transfer personal data (secure and password protected) from one organisation to another. Our contact details for any data related matters are: Lisa Jones (company director), Tel 01342 459096, email: email@example.com
3. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
• To deliver the services required under contract that includes issuing prizes to data subjects
• To maintain contact and communication with you during the course of a contract
• To maintain our own records and accounts
• To purchase goods, materials and services from you
• To use Third Parties to provide services connected to the contract
4. The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
• Personal data may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number.
We have obtained your personal data from you, your employees or from publicly available data from websites.
5. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
a) Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
• We rely on third parties running competitions to obtain consent so that we can administer prizes
• Processing necessary for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract
• Running the business and using the data to discuss potential contracts and/ or provide the services and goods you have asked us to deliver
• Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject Data for communications, marketing purposes and for sending out satisfaction surveys.
• Running the business and using the data to discuss potential contracts and/ or provide the contract you have asked us to deliver.
• Data used for the purposes of purchasing supplies, materials and third party services for the legitimate running of the business
b) Special categories of personal data (article 9 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your special categories of data:
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with directors, HR administrative, and contact details with Third Parties where needed for delivery of the services/ goods.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We do not keep your personal data longer than reasonably necessary beyond the end of the contract with you. Examples include: Opt-in data capture that is necessary to be downloaded (most cases deleted once forwarded to third party) will be held one year from the validity of the competition by the third party.
8. Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so may have consequences in relation to the services that we can offer or communications.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time,
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable, i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
10. Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not generally transfer personal data outside the EEA, unless on a project by project basis the client or main supplier is a company based outside the EEA, in which case project team contact details may be shared with them for communication purposes only. Some of these entities may be located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection as the EEA. Where required to transfer, we will implement appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection for transfers of certain information.
11. Automated Decision Making
WE DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING IN OUR BUSINESS.
12. Further processing
We would not use personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice.
We do not use “cookies” or other such data capture devices on our website.
14. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Affinity Angels Ltd. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 030 3123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Affinity Angels Ltd
Registered in England & Wales No. 7351588
Registered office: Holly House, Copthorne Bank, Copthorne, West Sussex, RH10 3JH